The inaugural Detroit Restaurant Week in September of last year served-up 17 of the city’s finest dining establishments on a silver platter and more than 27,000 diners from across Southeast Michigan and Windsor responded by filling their reservation ledgers.
Due to the overwhelming success of the first Detroit Restaurant Week, Restaurant Week returns this spring, April 16-25. Diners will once again receive a three-course dinner for the unusually low price of $27 per person (exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity) at each participating restaurant. The Whitney, Detroit’s iconic restaurant in a Woodward Avenue mansion, will again participate by offering the following menu selections. Diners can choose one item from each section.
· Lobster Bisque
· Short Rib (Braised Beef, Cheddar Bacon Grits, Spinach, Tomato Chutney)
· Bruschetta (Breaded Eggplant, Tomato, Basil, Garlic, Olive Oil, Balsamic Reduction)
· Roasted Beet Salad (Mixed Greens, Haricot Vert, Goat Cheese, Crispy Potatoes, Pancetta and Truffle Vinaigrette)
· Gnocchi (Ricotta Gnocchi, Caramelized Onions, Tomato, Spinach, Maidera Sauce)
· Filet (Slow Cooked Cabbage, Baby Carrots, Fingerling Potato Salad, Natural Jus)
· Whitefish (Celery Root Puree, Ratatouille, Tapenade Beurre Blanc)
· Chicken (Spring Peas, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Savory Bread Pudding, Carrot Chips, Natural Jus)
· Pavlova (French Meringue, Whipped Cream, Fresh Fruit)
· Chocolate Mousse (Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries)
We hope to see you for a great meal here at The Whitney!